Most tactical vests are fully adjustable and come with a holster for a sidearm, up to fix or six holders for rifle magazines, up to four pistol magazines, a pouch for shotgun shells, Velcro for adding more compartments, and another compartment for placing a radio. They also can come with a belt looped through at the bottom of the vest that holds two pistol magazines. There are an extremely wide variety of tactical vests available on the market, but this is what your standard vest will hold.
5 Benefits of a Tactical Vest:
- The immediate benifits of a tactical vest is that all of your gear is in front of you on your torso. You have easy access to your sidearm, a radio, and all of the ammunition that you will need. Yes, this is all going to be very heavy. But is there any tactical set-up that isn’t?
- A huge plus to tactical vests is your sidearm. You will have easy access to it and it will be strapped into the holster firmly. Due to your sidearm sitting on your torso, it is kept out of the way, unlike a belt or drop-leg holster.
- Another plus to the tactical vest is the easy access to your spare magazines for your rifle. You have five or six spare magazines all within reach, more than enough when you need them.
- Most tactical vests come standard with webbing on the front, sides and back for the user to place or attach other compartments and packs, increasing their versatility.
- In addition, tactical vests are extremely easy to take on and off. They’re not awkward to wear like some other configurations. As a vest you simply put it over your shoulders and then zip it up. If you need to tighten or loosen it, you do so on the sides. This makes tactical vests rather comfortable to wear.
A good tactical vest can be quite a help in certain situations, though we admit it’s a specialty piece of equipment for most people. Tactical vests are a great way to go if you need a configuration to carry a lot of your gear and equipment. There are so many benefits of a tactical vest, if you can set aside the money, you should buy one.